This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK’s largest specialised digital agency in the automotive industry. They build, manage and market online strategies for more than half of the UK’s Top 200 motor retailers and many of the world’s leading manufacturers.
The Junior Microsoft SQL Developer role will be responsible for providing operational and development database services within their Data Services department. Some primary responsibilities of this role include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, participation in the design of database architecture for current and future products, responding to database related alerts, and working with the development team to implement strategic solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a high sense of ownership of the assigned issues, a service oriented mentality, and a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs. They will maintain a high level of communication with other internal departments within the company and be expected to provide an updated status on their requests and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
During your interview you will be asked to discuss a project or particular piece of technology that excites you. They will ask you questions on that project or piece of technology in order to get a better understanding of the depth of your knowledge. They want someone who is forward thinking and passionate about all things data!
They are looking for a person that has:
- Experience with database development and design for MS SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012
- Experience writing high performing T-SQL, stored procedures, custom data types, views, etc.
- Knowledge of database normalization and modern design patterns
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Awareness of Business Intelligence.
- Group Pension Plan Discounted
- Health Care Package 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Preferential car buying rates
- 10% Discount Card for Solicitor Services
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Quarterly Appraisals and Development Planning
- Regular Socials and Company Events