Calling all science teachers! Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week, we can find the right match for your skills. Currently we are looking to recruit a Science Teacher for a school in Humberside.
The post would be full-time five days a week, teaching KS3 and KS4, and the start date is ideally September 2014. Experience of teaching A Level would be desirable.
Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with or leading to QTS (NQT's and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Have high expectations of yourself and your students
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- Have proven classroom management skills
You will be expected to:
- Undertake rigorous planning and preparation, and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues in the relevant departments as required and possibly undertake general cover lessons across the curriculum
- Organise your classroom to create a positive teaching environment, liaising with relevant teaching assistants and support staff to develop effective working relationships with pupils and colleagues
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor and track pupil's progress and keep records on their development
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of secondary and SEN schools and academies within the Humberside area. These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. We work closely with each school we supply through constant relevant contact to ensure the right match for you.
This school in Humberside is a continuously improving school that serves an area of social and economic disadvantage, and all students you will work with will have a range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Within this school our teacher will support pupils of different ability levels, with varying levels of additional needs and coming from many different social backgrounds. We understand that every class and in fact every individual child is different, so we carefully match you as our teacher with the school and children which you feel you work best with.
Our teachers have a well deserved reputation as being the best in Humberside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist secondary consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course for this post (if not already held)
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches and our sister company 'teachanywhere'
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Teacher of the Term'
Please email your CV or give the office a call on 01482 210212 and speak to Louise, the specialist secondary education consultant for Humberside.