Main duties will include -
• Will be required to engage with the agile scrum team and work with the BA’s / QA’s on the user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Will be required to provide and document technical solutions to business requirements.
• Will be required to partake in estimation, planning and retrospectives
• Assistance with high level comments on technical feasibility and high level effort estimates when presented with a new business/tech project.
• Break down stories to an accurate list of tasks that are required to complete a defined technical project and effort estimates for all tasks (tasks and effort estimates should take into account technical delivery standards such as TDD, checkstyle coverage and where necessary development benchmark testing.)
• Produce high quality technical deliverables as required, to include but not limited to brand new project development (enhancements and new applications), bug fixes arising from defects raised in QA testing, bug fixes arising from livesite issues.
Technical skills required -
• Full product life cycle experience
• Integration: Expert in XML/XSL, XSD’s, web services, SOA
• Agile Methodologies: SCRUM / Lean / XP MUST include TDD
• Design patterns and frameworks , OO/UML specifications
• Java, J2EE, JavaBeans, JMS, RMI, Servlets, JSTL/JSP, SNMP/MIB, Multi-threading
• Web Frameworks: Spring MVC, Hibernate
• Eclipse or similar
• Testing: JUnit/Canoo/Selenium/SoapUI or similar
• Ajax, Web2, Web Portals
• Test driven development and testing tools: JUnit/Canoo/Selenium or similar
• Source code control e.g. Bitbucket or similar
• Continuous Integration: e.g. Bamboo or similar
• Issue management systems. E.g. Jira or similar
• Database: DB2 (or similar), SQL
• Mocking frameworks: Mockito, JMockIt or similar
The role is to start asap, so please apply now to avoid disappointment!