Salary: up to £55K basic + benefits
Location: Central London
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Tim Hall
Our client are a leading Construction Company with operations internationally and a large presence in the UK energy management sector. They are currently recruiting for an Energy Project Development Engineer to join their growing London based energy performance contracting team as part of their wider energy division.
The main responsibilities of the Energy Project Development Engineer are as follows:
• To develop Investment Grade Proposals for energy projects for the governments RE:FIT framework for energy performance contracts (EPCs) across Central London and wider regions
• To provide technical and engineering design and project scoping and development to investment grade level of information including the quantification of energy savings
• To prepare business cases for EPCs including applications for finance
• To develop, support and maintain energy projects for the EPC business, supervise, coordinate and administer EPCs as required.
• Specification of requirements for tendering including development of scope of works and managing the tendering process
• Be responsible for analysing current energy usage, identifying and surveying properties, undertaking “desk top analysis” as part of the energy proposition process, supporting the energy development team in securing new and enhancing existing business.
• Developing energy plans and costs and providing detailed energy investment grade proposals in order to provide effective energy utilisation, to reduce carbon, cost and consumption.
• Development of Investment Grade Proposal (IGP) quality engineering and technical solutions both internally and with suppliers including engineering design management
• Responsible for the preparation of energy savings for the developed IGP energy projects
• Carry out detailed energy surveys of sites and provide benchmark information
• Produce full reports of the current energy and other utility usage.
• Make recommendations for improvements to reduce utility usage and spend at each facility.
• Supervise improvement works that result from the developed IGP recommendations
• Prepare energy consumption baselines and energy performance benchmark checks of buildings
• Ensure suitable M&T of energy consumption for each building and the contract reporting monthly variances for gas, electricity and water. Undertake regression analysis for periods of abnormal weather conditions.
• Meet with customers and stakeholders for Energy Performance Contracts.
• Coordinate and manage key supply chain partners.
• Prepare energy project business cases including energy saving calculations, investment payback calculations and finance applications.
• Prepare project finance or funding applications.
• Prepare tender documentation and review tender returns and make assessments on tenders.
• Training and Development - attend training courses/events related to energy management and those to meet the clients reporting mechanisms.
• Attend Energy conferences and exhibitions and report to the Energy & Engineering Director and / or client on new products, initiatives and regulations.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Candidates should be educated to a Bachelor’s engineering degree in building services or mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent
• Experienced in developing and implementing low carbon / energy saving opportunities in a retrofit environment desirable.
• Experienced in preparing design briefs and performance specifications.
• A broad understanding of low carbon measures in relation to building fabric, building operation and renewable technologies.
• Planning & coordination skills, developing & adhering to resource plans and timetables
• Develop effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers
• Ability to understand the impact of an Energy Performance Guarantee
• Numeric & IT literate, proficient in MS Office suite and in particular Excel (intermediate).
• Proactive approach to dealing with clients, suppliers, partners and colleagues. The ability to provide and deliver sound technical input both internally and externally to all levels.
• Aspiration to identify HVAC energy conservation measures and to be able to calculate savings from first principles.
• An excellent knowledge of all aspects of the operation, design, specification and implementation of building services / low carbon technologies
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44(0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies