The Digital Media Manager is a role which combines operational responsibilities with a high degree of strategic and creative input. The role-holder will be responsible for managing the development of key creative assets on digital channels. These currently include film, photography and UX design, but the role-holder will also be responsible for developing new interactive products and services. They will be required to work very closely with colleagues in the Digital Communications team (and other areas) to develop compelling, imaginative strategies for delivering truly engaging creative content on all of our digital channels. The Digital Media team will also play a key role in developing a new process for managing digital content.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with channel managers in the Digital Communications team to develop a digital media strategy for each of our channels. This will involve defining the best mix of content to support the agreed channel strategy, and planning how best to source the right content.
• Work with colleagues in Digital, in the Brand, Innovation and Planning (BIP) team and elsewhere in the organisation to propose compelling and imaginative ways of using film, pictures and other rich media content to meet the objectives of planned communications activity.
• Commission video and still image content to meet to support these activities using a combination of in-house resource, purchased content and externally commissioned content as appropriate. Provide strong creative input to, and management oversight of these processes.
• Within budgetary constraints, create and manage a forward looking plan for the proactive acquisition of any content which is very likely to be necessary to the company over the coming 12-24 months.
• Propose new activities for the communications plan which are content led.
• Manage the commercial exploitation of visual content
• Ensure that our systems and processes for managing content are fit for purpose and that we improve them continuously.
• Act as senior user for a project to implement a new content management system and associated ways of working.
• Select and manage key suppliers, with a constant focus on increasing value.
• Work to reduce costs by promoting innovative ways of acquiring content (e.g. encouraging staff, volunteers and supporters to submit / donate high quality visual content).
As it is a managerial role you must also deal with various duties including appraisals and 1 to 1`s with your team, and be a direct contact for any work related issues.
The company are also looking at developing a `Rich Media` Strategy which you will implement along with new technologies, ie - Twitter.
Interviews are being held in the next couple of weeks, so please apply now to avoid disappointment.
PLEASE NOTE - If you have not heard back within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.