This job is no longer available
We are looking for an experienced Business Support Manager to support the Business Development teams with production of tenders, market research, event hosting, promotion and be involved in the general promotion of the Services of the client. This position will also require some office management duties. You will also actively encourage the development of the business and support in winning work for the company. The role is full time and permanent Monday through Friday 40 hours per week working 9am to 5pm.
Please visit our website for more vacancies.
- Produce Proposal or tender responses as opportunities and enquiries are received
- Work with the Project Managers and the wider Business Development Teams to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of what the business can offer
- Produce materials and marketing data to offer a more comprehensive description of the capability we can offer to clients
- Maintain and Produce an action plan regarding the marketing strategy (key organisations to contact, contact person, target date and service to be offered)
- Maintain and review action plans relating to Business Development activities of the office, reporting these in centrally to ensure data and intelligence capture.
- Maintain and update strategy documents in a timely manner
- Client liaison ensuring that clients are kept informed of any development and ensure any queries/concerns are dealt with appropriately
- Manage and maintain the Proposals Management Hub in accordance with the PM Aberdeen ensuring all proposals pass through the appropriate approval process
- Regular attendance to Fife office
- Work with Business Services for timesheet and booking processes
- Work to develop strategies to expand other services for marketing to clients
- Ensure the office is maintained and equipped
- Train and mentor junior administrative members of staff
- Ability to work independently but also to participate in a team environment
- Maintain knowledge of the main buyers in the appropriate sectors of the oil and gas market enhancing these as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Work under own initiative but contribute in a team environment
- Customer focused
- Specific knowledge of the type of company offering is not essential as a briefing will be given
- Market awareness
- Flexible in attitude to meet business success
- Ability to build relationships and open doors into existing and new clients
- Hold a Marketing qualification or have suitable relevant marketing experience
- Confident user of IT packages (MS Office, SAP, SharePoint)